25 September 2008

I sometimes wish

that I could talk to my mother about things that daughters should be able to talk to their mothers about. I wish I could ask for her advice. I wish I could talk to her about what I'm feeling, without her saying "You're too young to feel such things."

The more and more I feel like I have to hide my feelings and my opinions, the more I'm determined not to be like that when I have daughters. I feel trapped, and somewhat lost. She's my mother! We should be able to talk seriously about choices I've made, things I'm thinking about and things I am doing. She's gone through similar things, I should be able to ask her questions and get honest answers.

But I know I can't.
It really is a bad feeling.

----------------
Now playing: Augustana - Either Way, I'll Break Your Heart Someday
via FoxyTunes

No comments: